Head of Global Payments
Silicon Valley Bank serves some of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Inspired by them, we're changing the face of banking. Our clients have redefined products in many areas of the global economy, and every day we power their ability to do so. And we need leaders with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We're looking for creative thinkers who want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless digital banking experience on a global scale.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO), the Head of Global Payments will lead and manage SVB's overall payments business.
You will serve as a part of and work closely with the Product leadership team to drive overall product strategy. You will collaborate closely with teams across the organization to provide strategic direction and guidance related to the expanding and rapidly evolving payments landscape.
Leadership: Provide leadership in developing and implementing product and digital related strategies to support client needs. Leading, developing and growing a diverse team of Product professionals to help achieve the desired goals. Design, develop and execute a vision for leading edge financial products, online banking trends, and digital services and applications in the financial services or ecommerce space.
Planning, Design and Execution: Provide strategic vision for product life-cycle management and for reviewing and developing new product lines, which involves coordination with regulatory clients and legal department, in addition to close involvement with the business line. The ability to lead and drive a team of product professionals to deliver and execute on the defined strategies.
Influence/ Communication: Partner with senior business managers, subject matter experts, user experience/design teams and various technical and financial services resources on the planning and execution of all cash management and digital financial products and services. Recruiting and training - helping set the right bar and tools for recruiting, as well as training the existing talent to establish a uniform product practice. #LI-TR1 Qualifications
- Minimum 15+ years of leadership roles in product management in banking, Fintech, and/or financial services-related experience.
- Payment product expertise: B2B and B2B2C Payments and Digital Adjacencies, Start Up businesses, Digital Offers and Loyalty, Mobile Payments, Merchant Acquiring, Transaction Processing, Point of Sale Finance, Small Business and Corporate Payments, and Treasury Services.
- Self-starter able thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and cross-functional environment that is results-driven
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with ability to establish trust and credibility across lines of business and functions and influence key stakeholders
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience and business needs to a technical audience
- Passion for driving toward an excellent client experience;
- Experience working with UI/UX/design experience
- Ability to attract, develop and retain top-talent; open to giving and receiving feedback
- Good understanding of lean/agile product development lifecycle
- Knowledge of treasury services, commercial banking and implementations functions and platforms a significant plus
- Superior judgment to mitigate risk and foster an environment where risk/control issues are escalated and creative solutions are identified
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or equivalent a plus.