Director - Product Management, Payment Products and Platforms
The Director of Payment Products and Platforms, will be responsible for building and driving the payments product strategy, roadmap, execution and on-going management of all payment products and platforms. This team collaborates with the channel managers to bring new payments products and experiences to life.
The Payments Director will own the P&L for this channel. He/she will build and lead a team of strong product managers focused on managing the current portfolio of products, building new products, and commercializing and monetizing current & future technology assets of the bank. Payments represent a broad scope of settlement methods leveraged by both the Innovation Economy and Large Corporates, and therefore are core to our overall channel strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a very strong product management background, be well steeped in design thinking, Lean UX and Agile delivery methodologies and will use a data driven approach for decision making. The candidate must have prior experience in several payment clearing systems. This role will require strong influencing and negotiating skills across all levels in the organization.
The right person thrives in a high performance and fast-paced environment, working with a world class organization made up of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Customer Service Agents, Sales Associates and Clients to challenge the status-quo every day.
Key responsibilities include:
- Set Product strategy, own the product roadmap KPIs, and lead the execution on building and bringing to market new features and capabilities
- Monitor product performance, user & client feedback to drive better product decisions
- Partner with Technology leadership to oversee the work of Agile Teams that will be dedicated to this channel. Help lead teams through Agile routines
- Partner with Marketing Research and UX Design to incorporate Design Thinking into product designs
- Lead the business analysis, product usage analytics and drive insights to build a world class payment infrastructure at SVB
- Own the P&L for the portfolio of products
- A Bachelor's Degree with a science, engineering or quantitative major that requires structured problem solving
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent
- ~ 10 years of Product Management experience ideally in Banking/Financial Services, ~5 years' experience in leading payment products i.e. ACH, Wires, Checks, Real Time Payments etc.
- Demonstrated experience in building & leading high performing teams, action oriented and ability to inspire cross functional teams
- Solid executive presence and ability to manage across all levels in the organization
- Solid grasp of market dynamics in the subject areas and keen ability to assimilate and deploy the best practices
- Strong vendor management skills
- Strong Agile Practitioner well versed in Agile routines