Director, Commerical Card Products
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
Commercial Cards Product team is looking for an experienced and passionate Product Manager to join our exciting business division. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing product roadmap, derive and apply analytical insights to drive portfolio optimization and manage client experience with cards across different interaction points. Experience of developing solutions in an agile, fast paced methodology will be an important skill set. The individual will need to focus on engaging with clients and cross-functional teams to develop new product ideas and feature sets to execute on product strategy. This role is expected to exercise creativity, critical thinking, relationship building, analytics, and collaboration to solve client problems.
Product development and implementation:
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow the business and improve customer experience
- Ability to work across the entire product development cycle customer research, inputs into UX design, hypothesis definition, requirements definition and product marketing
- Understand impact of product pricing on customer experience. Prior experience in understanding project budgets and forecasts will be a plus
- Proactively engage with clients and sales team for continuous product-market fit analysis
- Assist in developing business case for investment decisions and champion product strategy
- Manage backlog of product enhancements
- Work with technology, sales and internal stakeholders to drive requirements and participate in and sign-off on User Acceptance Testing along with processes and documentation
- Work on launch plans and internal/client communication plans including training development
- Responsible to manage and document product parameter setup and changes across multiple systems
- Develop a deep understanding of card networks, core card systems, third party service providers, bank systems and channel and how they connect and pass data; familiarity with Mastercard, First Data, FIS, FiServ, SmartData and InControl a plus.
- Ability to translate business request to technical requirements and vice versa and create executable deliverables across global platforms
- Familiarity with card and banking regulations to proactively create/modify policies, processes, procedures and controls.
- Work with internal stakeholders to respond to external or internal audit requests and to mitigate any findings or gaps.
- Work closely with Compliance & Legal to ensure product, collateral and forms are consistent and regulatory complaint
- Manage card forms, collateral and plastic inventories including change management
- Manage and maintain vendor relationship and act as bank point of escalation for any issues or concerns
- Ensure vendor contractual requirements are met including monthly monitoring and reporting of system level agreements. Experience with vendor contracts a plus.
- Monitor and manage reported issues and support requests to ensure timely response and resolution
- Coordinate stakeholder review and response to network/processor changes and requirements including release management
- Respond and complete all vendor management requests such as annual reviews, risk assessments, SOC reviews, business continuity planning and quarterly business strategy reviews.
- Manage consulting resources as needed
Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Harness the data resources to gain and document insights that will assist in developing new features and functionality
- Identify new opportunities to acquire, retain or grow business based on data trends
- Experience working with a business intelligence and reporting tool will be a plus
Relationship focused approach
- Be current on market trends and state of competition
- Proactively recommend product response to market situation and develop an expert point of view on the impact
- Ability to quickly ramp up on a new domain and establish a market research plan and strategy
- Vendor/partner product evaluation
- Experience with vendor RFPs and vendor management will be a plus
- Engage stakeholders in leadership, sales, technology, other product peers, coordinate across teams to maintain product and strategy alignment
- BA/BS degree required, Masters or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of product development experience in the payment or financial technology services industries
- Commercial banking and commercial cards, a plus
- Payment product expertise in B2B and B2B2C Payments space and/or fintech space
- Experience working in an Agile environment and in collaboration with designers, engineers, vendors and various stakeholders to coordinate, plan, execute, and track product releases from beginning to end
- Experience using Data to assess results and drive business decisions
- Proven ability to execute in a fast paced and resource constrained environment
- Executive presence - ability to influence senior leadership by building credibility to operate at C-level
- Ability to positively negotiate, influence others and maintain effective business relationships with sales and other functional partners
United States-California-Santa Clara Work Locations: Job:
Banking Products Organization:
SVB Financial Group. Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Oct 3, 2019, 12:26:52 AM