Credit Administration Director
This Director level position is responsible for playing an integral role in supporting the Credit Administration group with the development of credit related projects, systems, process, data/analytics, and other areas of focus as needed. The person in this role will use their strong institutional knowledge, experience with SVB's lending practice, aptitude for process improvement, and be a champion for employee enablement as systems and process are developed/improved.
Silicon Valley Bank's record growth rate necessitates the development and upgrade of key infrastructure and process. The bank requires candidates with vision to promote transformation on an end-to-end basis and develop scalable automated solutions where possible. Primary responsibilities:
- Contribute & drive decisions on business requirements, system design, testing, and deployment where needed.
- Leverage deep institutional knowledge on SVB's lending practices to drive system and process changes that ultimately improve employee experience and client experience. In sum, be a voice of the employee users.
- Liaison with stakeholders and business partners across a wide spectrum of groups where needed (e.g. underwriters, operations, other credit team members, data, IT) to capture all issues and drive decision making or support the decision making of other teams.
- Drive process and policy change where need to improve credit practices and value.
- Support the development of lending and product dashboards/ visualization, data and analytics, that improve portfolio management. This includes leveraging predictive analytics where and when possible.
- Leverage design thinking and institutional knowledge of the end-to-end credit life cycle to support new business architecture decisions that improve the way we work. For example, connectivity between CRM, client master, credit origination, loan accounting systems, online banking platform, KYC, etc.
- Support and drive other assignments/projects/initiatives within Credit Administration as needed.
- Typically requires 10+ year of experience with a broad knowledge of lending and financial services.
- Candidates should be oriented towards business system and process improvements that support employee enablement as well as an improved client experience.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- The candidate will bring a positive energy, "spirit of collaboration" and partnership to the Credit Administration team to build effective relationships across the various stakeholders/disciplines involved in any given initiative to drive success on business goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including senior management level presentation skills and ability to communicate with leadership across business teams.
- The right candidate will operate at a "hands on" level without compromising effective delegation and brings "out of the box" ideas to problem situations.
Bachelor's degree (MBA a plus).