Administrative Assistant III
Join a bank like no other. Silicon Valley Bank provides financial services offering to 60% of venture backed startup's and worlds most innovating companies. In order to increase our client's probability of success, SVB offers diverse financials services solutions and world class service.
Forbes Magazine ranks us among America's Best Banks and Fortune considered SVB one of the best places to work.
The successful candidate will be a true partner who has the intellectual curiosity to develop a strong command of SVB's business which will allow him/her to use judgment and experience to make independent decisions. He/she has a can-do attitude and thrives in and enjoys a fast-paced environment, remains calm under pressure and possesses the ability to work quickly with ever changing work-priorities.
You welcome new challenges and learning opportunities, are is proactively committed to self-improvement, regularly seek out performance feedback, and works well independently in a collaborative environment. Given the fast-paced environment flexibility, proactive problem-solving skills, excellent judgment, positive attitude, and superior organizational skills are all required for success. Strong attention to detail and a "get it right first time" attitude are basic requirements. A strong sense of urgency, the ability to think beyond the initial set of facts or issues, and a strong orientation towards self-reliance and resourcefulness will distinguish the best candidates.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Partnering with business partners (HR, Finance, Legal, Credit) when necessary to ensure the business is running at a peak level
- Establishing business rhythms and routines for the manager and team that you support to create a framework that encourages regular communications and check-ins
- Co-owning reporting responsibilities to make sure that reporting is collected and turned in on time relaying messages/information
- Scheduling/calendaring meetings and conference rooms
- Maintaining digital filing systems
- Inputting data and maintaining established databases using Excel
- Submitting expenses
- Preparing, proofreading, distributing and replying to correspondence
- Coordinating logistics for internal events
- Coordinating mass mailings
- Researching issues as needed, and other general administrative duties for the team
- Ability to manage complex calendars using Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite including moderate to advanced PowerPoint skills and moderate Excel skills
- Ability to triage and prioritize tasks - including long-term assignments and urgent tasks
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be able to use professional work skills, discretion and good judgment at all times
- Ability to work with well-established team and be a team player
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion
- Work on diverse administrative assignments with competing priorities, including event planning management