Job Description: Job Title Trust & Agency Services Modeling Analyst Corporate Title Assistant Vice President Location Santa Ana, CA Job Description
Develop and support the periodic processing of auction-rate, mortgage-backed, asset-backed, collateralized debt obligations and depositary receipt cash flow models using in-house proprietary software. Summary of Role
The Trust & Agency Services (TAS) Corporate Trust Structured Finance Services business provides Trustee, Calculation Agent, Paying Agent, Custodian, and Tax Agent Services globally for all Structured Finance transactions (Auction Rate Securities, RMBS, ABS, CMBS and CDO/CLO's) along with Depositary Receipts. The Group is responsible for providing trust administration for Structured Finance transactions which include deal calculations for bond payment and best-in-class reporting for its clients and investors. The functions include utilization of leading-edge technological platforms for calculation model development, validation of cash flow model output through analysis and quality reviews and ensuring data and model quality using database applications. Duties will include
- Read and interpret governing legal and issuer documents, namely Prospectuses/Offering Circulars, Bond Indentures and Pooling and Servicing Agreements, Hedging Agreements, etc. Work closely with the structuring attorneys, rating agencies, bond insurers and underwriters to ensure compliance and structural integrity of governing legal documents.
- Develop and test cash flow models, including validating the accuracy of current and future bond payments against prospectus supplement tables for decrement, confirming bond yields produced from cash flow models against yields provided by authorized third parties.
- Convert existing implementation and production multi-platform cash flow models to a leading-edge technological platform.
- Offer the highest level of customer service by understanding overall deal structure and bond payments to provide internal and external clients with explanations to support cash flow model output.
- Establish the guidelines for receipt and appropriate format of underlying asset-level collateral that supports bond payments, as well as research and resolve any data accuracy issues.
- Involvement in ad hoc/special projects which support process improvement and the implementation of technology initiatives.
- Understand and analyse issues and offer practical solutions. Working independently with a minimal degree of supervision is required to exercise independent judgment.
What We Offer You
- Previous experience in developing cash flows for structured financial product(s) (or similar), and experience in auction rate securities/securities in general/financial industry highly desirable.
- Responsible for supporting efforts to mitigate and control operational risk.
- Must have proven skills in MS Excel. Scripting skills in VBA, Python or other programming languages desirable.
- Experience with SQL and/or MS Access query usage, highly desirable but not required.
- BS/BA with a quantitative focus (Math, Engineering, etc.), and a minimum of 2 years of professional experience (or equivalent).
- Must be organized, focused, and possess strong communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently, while supporting team goals/objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and often competing projects under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Customer service approach and problem-solving focus.
- A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
- A hybrid working model, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days
- Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits
- Educational resources, matching gift, and volunteer programs
It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Santa Ana office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model.
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in California is $80,000 to $130,000. Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate's skill set, experience, education, work location and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of renumeration. Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at DB through the eyes of our current employees:
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank's California Privacy Notice please email HR.Direct@DB.com . Deutsche Bank Benefits
At Deutsche Bank, we recognize that our benefit programs have a profound impact on our colleagues. That's why we are focused on providing benefits and perks that enable our colleagues to live authenti-cally and be their whole selves, at every stage of life. We provide access to physical, emotional, and financial wellness benefits that allow our colleagues to stay financially secure and strike balance between work and home. Click here to learn more! #LI-HYBRID #LI-REMOTE #LI-ONSITE
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .