Sr Data Product Analyst
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
Sr Data Product Analyst
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Data Product Analyst responsible for?
Product Data Services (PDS) is a global, dynamic, growing department within a world leading asset manager, specializing in the distribution of consumable product data to where it is needed, both within the firm, our clients and to relevant 3rd parties. For this role we are seeking an experienced Data Product Analyst to lead the analysis of new data requests from internal business partners.
Scope will include: collaboration with internal teams to formalize data needs on projects, identifying data requirements, driving project adoption of current standards, or driving delivery of new ones, identifying data consumption requirements - (eg: formatting, translation), capturing required data display logic, verification of data entitlements and ensuring overall conformance to firm data release policy and liaising with data departments & technology teams to lead resolution of sourcing and delivery challenges.
The role will be a key gateway to review and validate data requirements, the strategy, the planning, and sometimes act as point person for the execution of data delivery services for both business and technical users. The Data Product Manager partners closely with the management team within Product Data Services, our technical/data specialists, internal project teams, internal business units, and also across the Enterprise with global technology/data departments, Data Council and Data Governance teams to deliver best in class services to meet business needs with a robust, scalable and efficient solution.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Manage new requests submitted to PDS
• PDS Data Governance - create data definitions and terminology and determine entitlements
• Validate use case for Data Requests (Prove Results)
• Determine timing, funding (if needed), impacts to other systems or departments, and resources
• Determine Release Controls Impacts/Changes
• Determine Product Data Solution - business and technical
• Liaison to technical and data teams on deliverables
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Data Product Analyst?
- Responsibilities for Data and Workflow Analysis by researching business processes/requirements, analyzing business need, and proposing improvements and automation solutions to processes and systems.
- Actively work with internal data and technical development teams to conduct gap analysis of various solutions (both internal and external) and identify the best path forward. Champion and provide oversight for initiatives during the Technical Delivery process.
- Interact with the key internal business stakeholders - Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Product Analytics, and other business leaders - to understand their gaps with existing tools and services in the Data Infrastructure.
- Interact with key customers to understand their data needs and build out these capabilities in internal or FTT supported tools.
- Own and write comprehensive product specifications.
- Provide direct project management - lead and conduct project activities based on Agile (DAD) methodology.
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including end user training, product testing, rollout, iteration, and support.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration (Finance, Economics, Marketing, Technology) preferred
- 5-7 years Project Management or Business Analyst experience
- 3-5+ years job related experience in the mutual fund or financial services industry
- Training or certification in Agile methodology, DAD, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban a plus. Certified DAD professionals preferred.
- Experience in turning vague/minimal business requests into actionable technology requirements; Knowledge of FT Marketing organization and data used in pre-post sales materials; Understanding of Composite and SQL
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.