Senior Marketing Specialist – Platform Marketing
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Senior Marketing Specialist – Platform Marketing
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Franklin Templeton, one of the world's largest investment management firms, is looking for a Senior Marketing Specialist - Platform Marketing at its global headquarters in San Mateo, California. This is a newly created position working closely with Director and VP to design and deliver new marketing initiatives to help drive the platform business and adoption of Franklin Templeton Investments fund products on third party platforms. This is a newly formed marketing team offering a start-up like opportunity to help build robust and institutional quality marketing activities, campaigns and content to support of our growing business.
We are looking for an individual with platform marketing or institutional marketing experience within the investment industry, who thrives in a collaborative and mission driven environment, and is ready to help build and execute on our strategic marketing initiatives. This individual must understand how to appropriately communicate with an institutional style buyer within a retail broker/dealer environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- This position will play a vital role in the development and implementation of Franklin Templeton's integrated marketing plans focused on research analysts at target broker/dealers (key clients).
- Work closely with Director and VP to design, create and deliver new marketing initiatives to maintain and win preferred placement of strategies and advisory programs on platforms at key clients.
- Develop strategic partnerships with our internal marketing functional groups.
- Develop world class institutional quality marketing content by collaborating with our other content development partners across Product Marketing, Commentary, Digital and Client Reporting.
- Act as a leader within the marketing organization to mobilize and deliver client marketing and communication initiatives.
- Understand the needs of clients, and its gatekeepers, and the strategic relationship team members and shepherd resources across the marketing team to deliver on jointly agreed upon goals.
- Create marketing strategies and drive messaging at key firms in support of our strategic relationship team.
- Execute on strategic initiatives, including campaign strategies, key capabilities and other value proposition work.
- Direct specific projects as assigned by leadership to deliver on goals jointly agreed upon with partners to drive the platform business forward.
- Implement and maintain marketing metrics dashboards.
- Attends regular strategic research team planning sessions and provide update on key marketing activities and metrics.
- Support ongoing marketing efforts directed by the senior leaders.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing experience within asset management, investment consulting or mutual fund industries.
- FINRA Series 6 or CFA a plus, but not required.
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills which are essential to the forward facing interaction with clients and senior leadership.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.