Senior Equity Analyst – Human Resources
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Senior Equity Analyst – Human Resources
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the HR - Global Equity Programs group responsible for?
Provides analytical and systems expertise for equity incentive practices and initiatives, enabling Human Resources and business leaders to make informed decisions related to equity incentive issues. Responsible for the administration, development, and reporting in our internal Equity Incentive systems, as well as working as the Company's liaison for various outside Equity Incentive system vendors.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Sr. Equity Analyst?
The Sr. Equity Analyst prepares a variety of Equity financial and compliance reports using automated systems, Access databases, and/or Excel spreadsheets. The Sr. Analyst researches, audits and identifies errors on vendor reporting and proposes vendor corrections or resolutions.
- Semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and compliance reporting including, but not limited to:
- ASC718 (FAS123R)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Internal and External Audits
- SOX Compliance
- Tax and/or Cost Basis Reporting
- Escheatment Reporting
- Works with outside vendors or internal departments to establish criteria and specifications for accounting, reporting and data needs, ensuring vendor report availability. Creates reports, as needed, per internal department specifications. Audits various reports/data feeds from vendors, identifying issues/errors, ensuring issue/error resolution.
- Conducts research and resolves reporting issues related to reporting vendors
- Assists with other Global Equity Programs projects as assigned
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in Finance or Accounting mandatory
- 3 to 5 years of experience related to Equity Incentive administration, accounting and reporting, including regulatory, governance, compliance adherence, payroll, and/or payroll taxes
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, and Word
- Requires knowledge and understanding of various Equity Incentive programs including Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- Strong analytical, reconciliation/research, detail oriented, and organizational skills
- Experience with automated Equity Incentive systems and Access databases
- Ability to solve problems of moderate scope and complexity, refers to policies and practices for guidance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate sound business judgment, assist with critical decisions related to Equity Incentive accounting and reporting, and to be part of a highly specialized team, including the ability to become cross-trained within the team
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.