Senior Analyst - MOCS
- San Mateo, CA, USA San Mateo CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Senior Analyst - MOCS
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Middle Office Client Services group responsible for?
The Middle Office Client Services team is responsible for supporting our Portfolio Managers and Trading Desks in all operational aspects relating to the products they manage and trades they execute. This includes working with our Core Operations teams responsible for confirmation and settlement of trades, onboarding new products and institutional separate accounts, and managing the operational service relationships with our counterparties.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Analyst - Middle Office Client Services?
Client Service Support
• Act as an escalation point of contact for all operational questions and issues impacting the traders and portfolio managers
• Provide assistance to internal Franklin Templeton departments on portfolio transactions, valuations and issues
• Coordinate with various internal operational teams on settlement and other account issues as needed, when multiple teams are impacted
• Liaise with brokers and custodians to resolve issues and discrepancies, following through to completion and escalating when necessary
• Develop strong relationships with portfolio managers and traders
• Participate in broker and custodian service review meetings
• Proactively identify and champion opportunities to increase service offerings, improve efficiencies, and minimize risks
• Develop solutions to critical business issues and present alternatives to management team
• Oversee ETF specific processes and provide daily support to portfolio managers and other key stakeholders in the business
• Participate in cross-functional and/or cross-departmental projects and initiatives
• Actively participate in the testing of new systems/functions
• May take the lead in department wide projects
• Assist with the efforts to open/transition new accounts and mutual funds
• Serve as operational consultant during client on boarding for new implementations
• Attend industry forums
• Monitor daily failing and non-completed trades for local portfolio management and trading teams
• Monitor error trends with counterparties & custodians to ensure these are addressed
• Partner with Franklin Templeton risk department and other departments to review any internal control failures
• Build strong relations with portfolio managers and traders to act as a conduit for all their operational
• Chair front office service review meetings
• Provide clients with ad hoc reports concerning benchmarking, review of exceptions, and financial impacts,
benefits & risks
• Establish and maintain relationships with key operational decision makers
• Chairs broker service review meetings
• Compile and present broker metrics, tracking trends, and escalating service issues when needed
• Compile and present statistics to portfolio managers and trading
• Track queries and issues for the portfolio managers and trading
• Design more efficient methods of control
• Assist with the on-boarding activities for locally managed accounts
• Provide GTS support on any significant account events, (i.e. fund launches, account closures and in-specie transfers)
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
• BA in Business Administration or related field.
• Four years of experience in Global Trade Support/Customer fronting role in the Mutual Fund and/or Investment Banking industry.
• MBA considered an asset
• ETF and FX Market Product knowledge considered an asset
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.