Risk Analyst - Investment Performance & Risk Analysis Team
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Risk Analyst - Investment Performance & Risk Analysis Team
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Investment (Performance and) Risk Analyst is a newly created position and will work with members of the Performance Analysis and Investment Risk (PAIR) team to analyze portfolio risk and performance across the firm.
This position will liaise with other Performance Analysis and Investment Risk teams as well as with key clients including Risk Managers/Consultants, Investment Analysts/Managers, Client Services and Marketing. As this position will also support various processes associated with Fund Boards, this analyst will liaise with portfolio teams and Legal as well.
This role supports all Franklin Templeton investment strategies so the ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience with all types of securities and derivatives.
- Strong analytical skills and investment risk and performance experience.
- Excellent organization, communication, and a diligent approach to problem solving are required.
- A willingness to dive into detail as well as oversee and guide processes and small to medium size projects is necessary in this role.
- Review portfolio attribution, risk statistics and performance by analyzing the accuracy and quality of the underlying data.
- Identify and resolve data issues impacting risk reporting, characteristics, attribution and performance.
- Provide commentary for portfolio attribution and performance.
- Ensure reports are delivered to the appropriate client(s) and/or provided via automated processes to downstream systems by the agreed upon date.
- Maintain performance, composite and/or benchmark information.
- Review automated validation controls and complete issue resolution processes, as needed.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for risk statistic, characteristic and performance information.
- Remain current on performance related trends, topics and issues.
- Conduct analysis across funds
- Manage internal investment risk guideline process
- Develop risk management themes/ideas for firm wide exposures
- Manage ERS/ERH process
- Develop dashboards on complex security usage and exposures, liquidity monitoring, counterparty risk, investment risk
- Monitor markets globally for important trends and events
- Monitor fund board information flow and generate suggestions for improvements; coordinate follow up on Board requests as needed. Coordinate annual 15c process.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, preferably in finance, math or other quantitative discipline.
- Progress toward or completion of CFA, MBA, CIPM or FRM preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in the mutual fund/financial services industry; portfolio risk consulting, investment performance, investment operations or fund accounting experience preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Experience with FactSet and BarraOne preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as a highly proactive and energetic client service focus.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical theory and a good understanding of financial instruments and markets.
- A thorough understanding of multi-asset class performance and risk. This entails a clear understanding of analytic calculations around derivatives instruments at the security and portfolio levels.
- Experience communicating complex financial topics with the ability to successfully articulate quantitative concepts to audience(s) unfamiliar with those same concepts.
- Experience consulting with financial professionals, including Portfolio Managers and Chief Investment Officers preferred.
- Thorough understanding of database functionality and enterprise information systems.
- Ability to work independently, think out-of-the-box and provide analysis and recommendations with credibility and confidence.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton". Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.