- San Mateo, CA, USA San Mateo CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
As part of Fiduciary Trust's growing Northern California office, the Relationship Associate will partner with our Portfolio Managers, Investment Associates, Relationship Managers, Trust Counsel, Trust Officers and other Relationship Associates, both locally and nationwide, to manage the needs of our High Net Worth client relationships. The Relationship Associate will interact directly with clients on a regular basis and be responsible for managing follow-up and ongoing client deliverables.
The Relationship Associate will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience related to investment management, trust and estate services, and client service. The Relationship Associate's responsibilities will grow as their knowledge and skills progress, providing the opportunity both to handle more sophisticated client needs and to develop the Relationship Associate's career within Fiduciary Trust.
Initial responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of customized presentations for use in client and prospect meetings, including investment performance materials and asset allocation reports
- Coordination and tracking of client correspondence related to account administration and investments
- Direct administration of client accounts, including initiation of wire transfers, discretionary payments, currency transactions, bill payments, security deliveries & receipts and gifts & contributions
- Assistance with the onboarding of new relationships
- Collection and maintenance of client information and partnering with our professionals to ensure the full breadth of Fiduciary Trust's services are being provided to every relationship
- Coordinate and complete special ad-hoc projects as requested, such as cash flow projections and relationship profiles
Ideal candidates will have:
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university required; major in Finance, Economics or related subject area preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Eagerness to pursue further education and certification, such as designation as a CFA, CFP or CFTA
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and build strong relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle client account information
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically as it relates to client needs
- Self-starter with the ability to be persistent in solving problems
- Ability to practice good judgment while making basic business decisions
- Effectively handle various projects and deadlines and to prioritize each task appropriately
- Strong leadership capabilities and qualities
- Minimal travel required
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.