HNW Business Development Officer
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
HNW Business Development Officer
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. The acquisition presented both companies with an opportunity to expand and enhance their resources, services and global presence by combining complementary areas of expertise.
Fiduciary Trust Company International's Business Development department is responsible for the development of new business from high net worth individual investors, their families and related institutions. The role primarily focuses on investment management opportunities, but typically also includes trust, estate, tax and related custody opportunities. A large degree of daily discretion and latitude is required to meet and interact with prospective clients and their advisors as necessary.
Due to the complex nature of prospective clients' various investment objectives and related service needs, the incumbent must be well versed in a broad range of investment disciplines and trust and estate topics. Candidates must be able to convey a consultative approach to sales while displaying a broad knowledgebase to referral source relationships and prospective clients, so as to become worthy of their confidence and trust.
- Pursue prospective new business situations with high net worth individuals and families.
- Maintain active contact with known referral source relationships and prospective clients to encourage them to employ Fiduciary Trust Company International (FTCI).
- Maintain contact with existing clients to identify where additional opportunities may exist for the firm to market their services.
- Respond to new inquiries for information about FTCI capabilities received from other members of the team (Portfolio Managers, Relationship Managers, Trust Counsel, etc.).
- Coordinate presentations of the firm's capabilities to prospective clients and their advisors (lawyers, accountants, consultants).
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of prospect presentations and on-going marketing material.
- Participate in the development of new ideas, planning and execution of high net worth business development issues with senior management and other team members.
- Participate in select conferences, seminars, and other gatherings attended by existing and potential referral sources and/or existing and prospective clients.
Ideal candidates will have:
- 8-10 years of sales/business development experience dealing with the diverse needs of high net worth investors, families and their advisors.
- Experience in marketing traditional and sophisticated financial products.
- Knowledge of the various asset classes and investment management styles, asset allocation techniques, investment products, bank services, and trust & estate management tools.
- Highly respected professional with a significant book of contacts.
- Highly motivated and capable of cultivating new relationships.
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of prospective clients while demonstrating how Fiduciary Trust can provide value-added solutions.
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written, for effective technical and interpersonal interaction with clients, intermediaries and colleagues.
- Highly motivated and self-starter capable of initiating and cultivating new client relationships.
- Ability to operate effectively without a large degree of day-to-day supervision.
- Prior sales success of 100MM in AUMs per year, non-custody a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred. CFA, CAIA, CPA, CFP designations are also looked favorably upon as well.
- Evidence of community engagement (boards/volunteerism) preferred.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.