ETF Product Marketing Specialist
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
ETF Product Marketing Specialist
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for an ETF Product Marketing Specialist to join our Global Product Marketing team in San Mateo.
What is the Global Product marketing group responsible for?
Global Product Marketing strives to engage investors to invest or remain invested in FTI products by creating compelling stories that bring our products to life through marketing content that is leveraged globally. As a result of our recent ETF product launch we are looking for an ETF Product Marketing Specialist to create content for various ETF initiatives, this will include helping to define and deliver strategic concept whilst keeping a keen eye on simple storytelling to help make the products resonate with investors.
As the ETF business is in start-up mode, this role will support a variety of responsibilities. Being part of a global team focused on our LibertyShares brand, this position will also collaborate with the various marketing teams throughout our shared services marketing division, Global Marketing Services, to create and deliver the ETF communications.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the ETF Product Marketing Specialist ?
- Ownership of on-going production of custom quarterly content for sales team use (i.e. sales stories, product lists, educational presentations)
- Anticipate impact of product changes across all content (including web). Design and initiate action plan to ensure consistency, timeliness and accuracy of product information
- Support and champion broader firm initiatives, looking for ways to optimize effort
- Own distribution of materials on internal systems
- Ideate relevant product stories that connect Franklin Templeton's ETFs with client needs - across channels primarily in U.S.
- Track and understand impact of activities deployed, specifically in the digital space, in order to learn and refine
- Track competitors, speak and present to trends, best in class, client needs and opportunities
- Work independently, yet collaboratively, to develop scalable pitch and product support materials
- Understand the big picture and look for ways to align tactical needs with strategic focus
- Manage compliance oversight process to ensure all materials adhere to established policies, procedures, and controls in place for audit purposes
- Identifying areas for process efficiencies within the group and/or using technology to improve the materials creation process and material distribution to sales
- Partner with internal teams to design and deliver monthly ETF business update to internal stakeholders
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in product marketing/communication role
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in economics, business or marketing.
- ETF market and/or Product Marketing experience with industry knowledge, and ability to demonstrate this understanding in the creation and execution of marketing materials
- Functional knowledge of investment concepts with the ability to apply those concepts to the development of compelling product stories, content, and materials
- Asset management industry experience preferred
- Exposure to multiple client types (e.g., Institutional, Retail, non-U.S.) a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, proficiency at prioritization, the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks, and the ability to operate under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards strongly desired (SEC, FINRA, GIPSÒ)
- Superior project management skills, with demonstrated proficiency in establishing and managing projects from inception through to completion.
- Adaptable to changing priorities, new requests, innovative approaches to work flow, and working under tight deadlines
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams (e.g., sales/marketing, client service, management, legal, performance, and graphics)
- A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.