Chief Data Scientist for Cloud Solutions Platform
- San Mateo, CA, USA San Mateo CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Huxley Banking & Financial Services
- 08 Mar 18 2018-03-08
An e-commerce/cloud solutions provider is looking to hire a Chief Data Scientist for its Cloud Initiative. Their offices are located in San Mateo, California. This role will be the of its kind for their U.S Offices. You will be shaping the culture and be a driving force for their U.S initiatives. You will be working alongside your team to find unique insights in which you will build models to further maximize the efficiency of both their current solutions and future ones as well.
Position: Chief Data Scientist
Location: San Mateo, California
This is a full time perm position
Compensation: Open for Discussion
One of the largest e-commerce platforms in the world is looking to hire a Chief Data Scientist for its Cloud Initiative. Their offices are located in San Mateo, California. This role will be the of its kind for their U.S Offices. You will be shaping the culture and be a driving force for their U.S initiatives. You will be working alongside your team to find unique insights in which you will build models to further maximize the efficiency of both their current solutions and future ones as well.
You will work on applying new statistical algorithms and state of the art machine learning techniques to solve complex business problems. This role presents an extremely unique opportunity to develop the culture, team, and best practices for a very entrepreneurial department in a massive player in the e-commerce/cloud solutions industry.
You will be:
- Taking ownership of the cloud system that is set up in the U.S locations and identifying key opportunities for data-driven solution making.
- Building new solutions they plan to offer and further maximize the current solutions we already have in place.
- Leveraging your expertise in a multitude of machine learning techniques (e.g., neural networks, deep learning, random forests, image processing) and find unique insights in which you will build predictive models to solve complex business problems.
- Developing best practice methods to drive efficiency in the Data Science department.
- Applying state of the art machine learning techniques and constantly building your skillset.
- Growing the department from the ground up while building a strong team of top tier data scientists from all over the U.S and shape the culture of the department.
- Optimizing our current resources to further advance our competitive drive in the market.
- Working on an equal standpoint with everyone else.
You will have:
- A PhD in a quantitative, science, or technical related field such as Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science.
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- A solid theoretical foundation in statistics, data mining, and machine learning concepts.
- At least 15+ years of applying your knowledge in a business setting.
- Experience working with major retail, e-commerce, or similar platforms.
- Expertise in Python, R and Spark.
- Experience with big data and Hadoop.
- A natural curiosity and an eagerness to apply data analysis techniques to innovate and apply new and practical approaches to solve complex business problems.
- Great communication skills, especially in a business environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- The willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Great team working skills, honesty, diligence, and rigour.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.