Biotechnology Research Analyst
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Oct 17 2017-10-21
Biotechnology Research Analyst
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Franklin Equity Group brings more than six decades of investing experience to managing growth and core/hybrid strategies across global, international, and U.S. equities. Our bottom-up approach to investing seeks to deliver compelling performance for our clients through quality, in-depth research, which is the core strength and foundation of every portfolio. Each portfolio management team serves as a specialist for its particular stock selection criteria, while drawing on the deep research capabilities of a platform of analysts working with a shared philosophy.
We are currently looking for a Biotechnology Research Analyst to join the Franklin Equity Group in San Mateo, California. This Research Analyst will provide specific investment recommendations to our generalist growth, core and income fund managers. Additionally, this individual will join the analyst team for the Franklin Biotechnology Discovery Fund, our $4 billion sector fund dedicated to investing in biotechnology and emerging pharmaceutical companies, both public and private.
- Perform thorough fundamental analysis of biotechnology companies in multiple therapeutic areas.
- Research drug candidates by analyzing scientific literature, attending medical conferences, and speaking with thought-leading physicians.
- Develop deep disease/therapeutic area expertise
- Interface with company management, sell-side analysts, competitors, customers and other industry contacts.
- Compile data from multiple sources to develop detailed financial models.
- Write company specific and thematic research reports
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences. MD or PhD strongly preferred. Course work or experience in clinical trial design and statistics a plus.
- At least 2 years of buy-side (public equities, private equity, venture capital) and/or sell-side (equity research, banking) experience following the pharmaceutical or biotechnology sector
- Relevant corporate/industry experience will also be considered
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to build and maintain detailed financial models.
- Outstanding work ethic, attention to detail and ability to work well on a team
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.