Assistant Fund Controller
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nipun Capital
- 31 Oct 18
The Opportunity Nipun Capital is an Asia focused institutional quality asset management firm. The firm was founded in late 2011 by a senior team from Barclays Global Investors (now part of BlackRock). Nipun is growing rapidly and now manages long-only and long short, systematic equity strategies.
We are looking to hire an Assistant Fund Controller to handle the accounting and operations of our funds. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with a senior and experienced team. This role interacts closely with portfolio management and includes a number of investment duties. You will be part of a three member Operations Team and a 15 person firm. We are a small team with no silos so the person in this role has an opportunity to get involved in many different projects and mold his/her career in a direction that most interests him/her.
This is a fast paced role and involves several key components:
- Operations: Daily trade reconciliation, cash and FX management
- Accounting: Review the administrator’s monthly fund closings - NAV calculation, Subscriptions / redemptions, Management and performance fee calculations, Fund wires, Month End sign off process, audit
- Investment operations:
- Fund financing: cash management and financing across multiple prime broker, and various instruments (derivatives, cash equities etc)
- Working closely with the investment team to manage transaction costs, determining the most appropriate way to get exposure to certain markets
- Participate in new fund launches, including understanding fund structure and jurisdictions, coordination with various internal/external parties, review of draft legal documentation for reporting requirements/fee structures/etc., and managing resourcing
- Support Portfolio managers in tradin
- Automating processes: Building reports to identify exceptions, track trades, report costs and cash across Prime Brokers etc.
- Client Relationship: Working closely with IR team to manage client activity and respond to client questions in a timely manner.
- Strong understanding of Fund accounting
- B.S. in Accounting or related field
- 1-5 years of experience in a Fund operations/accounting role
- Knowledge of SQL, Python would be a significant plus but is not essential
- The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, a team player, and capable of prioritizing and multitasking competing assignments.