Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Security Engineer Location US-CA-San Marino
Job ID 2020-8038
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
The Senior Security Operations Engineer will participate in establishing and maintaining a corporate wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. As an East West Bank employee, the senior engineer will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market. The Senior Security Operations Engineer will work with senior members of the team to enhance and mature the security operations program.
- Monitor AV/EDR/IDS/IPS solutions for incidents, threat hunt for malicious activity, generate incidents, and triage as needed on a 24x7 basis.
- Adhere to service level agreements (SLAs), metrics and business scorecard obligations for ticket handling of security incidents and events.
- Lead incident management and response activities as a member of the bank’s incident management team. Assist in triage, response and mitigation, postmortem analyses, and forensic analysis.
- Configure and tune AV/EDR/IDS/IPS and apse solutions to improve detection and reduce noise
- Evaluate SOC policies and procedures and recommend updates to management as appropriate.
- Assist in creating correlation rules to enhance detection via SIEM platform
- Assist in penetration testing efforts including coordinating, testing, reporting, and remediation of findings.
- Partner with the security engineering team to improve tool usage and workflow, as well as with the advanced threats and assessment team to mature monitoring and response capabilities.
- Lead vulnerability management remediation efforts including analyzing findings from network scanners and application security tools
- Under the direction of the Information Security-Team Lead, develop strategies and plans to achieve security requirements and address identified risks.
- Assist in the development of security architecture and security policies, principles and standards.
- Gather, analyze and assess the current and future threat landscape, and assist in providing leadership with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment.
- Work with business units and with other risk functions to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments.
- Perform security testing and vulnerability assessments to identify security strengths and weaknesses, to assess the effective ness of existing controls, and to recommend remedial action.
- Review audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources regularly and ensure they are in compliance with policies and audit requirements.
- Assist in monitoring DLP incidents, investigation, and tuning of DLP solution
- Mentor junior member of the security operations team.
- Experience leading incident response activities
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies
- Experience with IDS/IPS/SIEM and related security tools and technologies such as Splunk, Splunk ES.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management and network scanners.
- Experience with Cloud workload and monitoring solutions.
- Proficient use of various tools and techniques, including risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, used to identify business needs and determine control requirements.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft Windows operating systems and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management systems, anti- malware solutions, automated policy compliance, logging and filtering tools, and desktop security solutions.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Experience in system and application technology security testing, including static and dynamic code review, vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Familiarity with router and firewall operations and maintenance.
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units / organizations, and to understand business imperatives.
- Strong knowledge in of all core internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, etc.)
- Experience working with security tools such as SIEM, vulnerability scanning, laptop data encryption, endpoint data protection, Data Loss Prevention and Classification, application pen testing, WAFs, Cloud Workload Monitoring.
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably engineering related.
- Proven trustworthiness and history of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating well.
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in an engineering related field.
- 7-10 years of IT and network security experience
- Preferable, but not required: CISSP
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS