Senior Financial Analyst - Costa Rica
Role purpose & key responsibilities
- Descriptive and predictive analysis for MIS revenue and debt market drivers to a variety of business and finance stakeholders.
- Data & Analytics support to Business Planning, Corporate Planning, Investor Relations and the MIS strategy team.
- Build competency and assist in the deployment of new digital technologies, such as the SAP Analytics Cloud and PowerBI, to enhance processes, forecast accuracy, BI provision, and provide ever better and faster service our stakeholders.
- Data acquisition, investigation, wrangling, loading into core financial systems.
- Provide forward-looking issuance, yield and revenue projections for a line of business
- Understand impact of pricing initiatives and pricing contribution analysis, exceptions analysis impact of market coverage on revenue.
- Expert analysis in the linkage issuance, pricing, exceptions and revenue.
- Forecast revenue at Moody's benchmark competitor using data-driven techniques
- Identify, manage and assimilate sources of market intelligence supporting the key revenue drivers.
- Teamwork: Team member will work with local and remote colleagues.
- Technical Skills: Builds and maintains MIS revenue and market knowledge of industry/area of expertise for the position, in addition to software tools (SAP Analytics Cloud, Power BI)
- Communication skills: Polished verbal and written communication skills and a vocal, professional and mature presence with senior management.
- Critical thinking/Problem solving: Analytical maturity, thought leadership, exploratory analysis.
- Customer focus: Maintains regular contact and builds working partnerships with key customers.
- Initiative / results orientation: Setting and achieving high standards of performance.
- Productivity: Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, requiring limited management instruction.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Market orientation, working knowledge of corporate and structured credit and global fixed-income markets.
- Commercial and organizational awareness, including familiarity with MIS products, services, demand drivers and pricing constructs.
- Demonstrates a commitment to self-improvement.
- Passionately engaged in projections, defends viewpoints with evidentiary support and draws sound conclusions from multiple sources of intelligence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, progressive and positive approach to the role
- Analytical thinking, ability to deal with ambiguity, proactive execution of information seeking behaviors.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.