Manager - Analytic Data
The Analytic Data Management (ADM) Manager role is responsible for leading and managing a diverse team of Financial Data Analysts (FDAs), Financial Data Specialists (FDS) and Team Leaders (TLs) in support of the Ratings & Research (R&R) and Ratings & Research Support (RRS) functions. The Manager will direct workload to provide critical financial and operational data for ratings and research within the agreed upon timeframes and data quality. The Manager will also lead their team on operational projects key to supporting Moody's ratings.
The Manager will play a critical role in building relationships with our stakeholders in R&R and RRS. The Manager will also need to have a diverse skill set in order to lead the operations and engage and collaborate with other teams in Moody's such as Moody's Analytics, Moody's Information Technology (MIT), Human Resources (HR), Compliance, Business Planning and Outsourcers.
- Operational management of the team including:
- Liaise with R&R and RRS to understand priorities
- Manage team's portfolio/workflow allocation and resource plan by re-balancing portfolios
- Collaborate with business partners supporting the operations (outsourcers, , other global managers, etc.) to use resources efficiently for delivery of data
- Manage and develop FDAs, FDS and TLs by recruiting and retaining top talent
- Collaborate with HR talent advisers to source diverse talent
- Ensure FDAs complete training; continually improve training curriculum
- Provide ongoing formal and informal feedback to ensure development of reports
- Lead projects and processes critical to ratings and research
- Create and ensure maintenance of high quality data standards according to accuracy SLAs
- Recommend and implement process improvements, including QC processes
- Create and manage project plans with clear milestones, deadlines and communication plan
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Support outsourcers with process and accounting questions, training, and onboarding
- Work closely with IT to improve technology and databases
- Experience/desire to manage and mentor a team of FDAs, FDS and TLs
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar field
- MBA, CFA or other advanced degree is desirable
- Aptitude to prioritize, focus and work independently, and to adapt when the unexpected occurs
- Must be results oriented and have strong problem solving skills
- Aptitude to work independently and to interact effectively with senior management
- Strong communication and relationship-management skills
- Basic operational and/or process knowledge and capacity planning
- Experience structuring and organizing projects with successful implementation and project management
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- SharePoint and/or BI tools
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and administrative skills
- Client focus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.