iShares Board Governance Associate - SF
Description About this role
Associate, iShares Board Governance
Do you have a passion for the investment industry? Are you looking for a rewarding, challenging, multi-faceted role with the world's largest asset manager? Look no further. At BlackRock we are seeking an Associate to become part of our San Francisco iShares Board Governance team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, eagerness, and dedication while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
You will be part of a team whose mission is to advance the high quality regulatory and board engagement model for the U.S. iShares Boards of exchange traded funds. In this role, you will coordinate Board meetings, timelines and handle a variety of Board travel and entertainment logistics. You will also work with other team members and partners to review and draft meeting materials. Your excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills are key, as you collaborate with cross functional teams, senior management and Board members.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, timelines, and logistics in support of iShares and other Board meetings
- Work with Board Members on expense reimbursements, travel and other Board-related activities
- Assist in planning, drafting and proofing materials for other Boards supported by the Team
- Complete analyses for new or unique business initiatives and special projects
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of reports for senior management
- Assist in publication of Board Books on an electronic platform
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years Administrative, Governance, Paralegal or related experience in the investment management/financial services industry
- Strong time management and project skills with the ability to set and maintain priorities in a multi-task environment
- Strong business writing and proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Other data management/analysis experience a plus
- BS/BA degree required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.