Vice President, iShares Global COO Team
Description About this role The Role:
Do you enjoy working with cross functional, cross regional teams? Are you passionate about supporting career development, creating an inclusive culture and driving efficiencies throughout our business? If so, keep reading...
We are seeking a VP who has proven success in leading cross functional or cross regional large-scale initiatives and programs. This role is part of the Global ETF and Index Investment (EII) COO team, which is comprised of Business Strategy & Intelligence, Talent Strategy and Business Management, and will report to the Head of Talent Strategy. This person will focus on driving our EII Talent Agenda, as well as supporting business management activities.
Our ideal candidate is motivated to make an impact on our global business by executing on our people, culture and business management initiatives. Key Responsibilities:
- EII Analyst Program
- Manage EII analyst program for the Americas (both full-time and summer interns), which includes HC processes, recruiting efforts, onboarding & orientation and training & events throughout the 2-year experience.
- Drive global consistency and best practices throughout EII's regional program analyst cohorts as well as partnering across other investments functions.
- EII Talent and Culture Initiatives
- Provide program support for key talent initiatives. This will vary from year to year. In 2021, the key focus will be supporting the execution of EII's Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Action, which could include mentorship program, leadership series, manager pods and trainings.
- Partner with regional COO's to build a high-performance culture that offers fulfilling careers within an environment of DEI and belonging.
- EII Business Management Initiatives - Drive the following in partnership with Global Business Manager and regional/functional COO's:
- Global headcount management including ownership of relationship with Recruiting for prioritization and execution; management reporting and strategy.
- Global budget planning and expense management including key linkage to the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
- Develop framework for managing global mobility
- Serve as thought partner to improve connectivity and productivity across the Global EII business management ecosystem.
- Participation in ad hoc firmwide, and EII specific, business-critical initiatives.
- 5-7+ years relevant experience running large scale strategic programs and initiatives, ideally from HR, Business Management or Operations
- Self-starter with high energy, motivation, dedication to excellence and positive approach to business challenges
- Ability to articulate and translate ideas into clear and concise communication (oral and written)
- Sound judgment, professionalism, and discretion are essential
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Curious and committed to continuous improvement practices
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.