Vice President, Senior User Experience Designer, iShares.com
Description About this role
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. We are dedicated to helping our clients, employees, and communities achieve financial security, financial mobility, and financial freedom.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to crafting an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive. Job background
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing digital team. This role will require you to span from strategy to launch, bringing a talent for simple and clear design, systems thinking, and seamless user experiences to help our professional clients accomplish their goals while keeping the focus on business objectives.
Candidates for this role must possess strong organizational skills with relevant user experience expertise, preferably in a regulated industry. The ability to progress things independently as well as work in a team environment is crucial, while being able to solve problems quickly and maintain creativity in a fast-paced environment. You'll be a customer-first advocate who is a confident communicator, comfortable working through ambiguity, and not easily ruffled. Primary responsibilities:
- Transform creative vision, business opportunities, user research and data into intuitive experiences that are simple to use.
- Implement UX methodologies to effectively create, deliver and govern design for a consistent user experience.
- Continuously craft innovative approaches to visualize content and data, and communicate information that facilitates understanding of sophisticated financial concepts.
- Expertly build wireframes, site maps, user journeys; detailing work including annotations, prototypes, functional specifications.
- Consistently introduce new insights that increase team efficiency and add value.
- Collaborate with key project team members, including content strategist, product managers and technology leads to deliver end-to-end solutions, and ensure projects are well defined, high impact, and successfully executed.
- 5+ years' sustained professional experience in digital design, as a practicing designer in either product related or agency environments designing consumer facing websites.
- Strong portfolio of professional work with clear demonstration of your role and contributions on each project.
- Skilled in visualizing and prototyping concepts to varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and validate ideas.
- Familiarity with content management systems used often for web design and development, and ability to design within a content management environment.
- Effectively act on internal feedback, testing results to iterate and deliver more value for our user and business.
- Ability to think multiple steps ahead, anticipate what's needed, and take actions.
- Ability to influence senior/executive cross-functional partners and resolve challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking ability - able to connect the dots / big picture.
- Strong work ethic and time management skills with dedication to meeting or exceeding expectations despite contending priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.