Vice President, ETF/iShares Insurance Sales
Description About this role
BlackRock is the largest asset manager in the world, with more than $8 trillion in total AUM serving investors of all sizes, including Consultants, Personal Investors, Wealth Managers, Banks and Government Institutions, Asset Managers, Pensions, Foundations and Insurers to help them and their beneficiaries invest for a better future.
On top of a market leading investment platform (Aladdin) and leading the way in Sustainable investing solutions, BlackRock is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider with over $2 trillion in assets under management under the flagship iShares line of ETFs. About this role:
The iShares Insurance Team distributes iShares ETF products and solutions to Insurance Company General Account Investors across the U.S. The Team is seeking a Vice President to lead coverage across the Midwest and Western U.S. In this role the candidate will develop deep expertise at the intersection of ETFs, insurance investing and regulatory & accounting frameworks. As a member of the iShares Insurance team significant partnership and collaboration is required across all the businesses at BlackRock that work with insurance companies including Aladdin, The Financial Institutions Group and Financial Markets Advisory Insurance Solutions Team. The role will require travel up to ~40% of the time. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead all business development, relationship management and client activity across assigned territory.
- Drive engagement with CIOs, portfolio managers and traders to identify and pursue new potential business and retain existing business.
- Lead strategic client targeting and design well-planned and engaging client meetings that uncover client needs and interests.
- Prospect and initiate brand building and sales activity with investors not currently engaged in discussions with iShares.
- Develop proficiency across iShares ETF solutions and the broader BlackRock investment platform.
- Work collaboratively with partners across BlackRock to meet clients' needs and objectives and develop innovative solutions that bring the best of BlackRock.
- Mentor junior team members and add to the team's friendly and coaching atmosphere.
To be successful in this role - Candidate should demonstrate many of these qualities.
- 7+ years of financial industry experience. Some experience in institutional relationship management and fundraising preferred.
- Existing knowledge of and relationships with insurance clients a plus.
- Strong sense of self-motivation encouraged.
- Motivated by building new relationships, uncovering new opportunities and revenue generation.
- Strong intellectual ability and interpersonal skills to establish credibility with the institutional investor community and senior leaders throughout the Firm.
- Collaborative and cooperative approach to a team-based sales model.
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate complicated concepts concisely.
- Knowledge or proficiency in public fixed income markets and across a wide range of investment vehicles a plus.
- High ethical standards and displays both professional and personal integrity.
- BA/BS in any field, preferably in Finance, Economics or Accounting. MBA a plus, but not required.
- Role will require candidate to obtain regulatory licenses Series 7 and 63.
- CFA or CAIA designation desired
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.