Vice President, Bank and ERISA Compliance
Description About this role
The Legal & Compliance team oversees BlackRock's compliance with applicable laws and rules, and is responsible for, among other things, establishing legal and compliance policies and procedures that meet applicable regulatory requirements and testing the operative effectiveness of those policies and procedures; overseeing all regulatory matters; coordinating all litigation and legal proceedings; negotiating contracts; and providing compliance training.
We are seeking a seasoned Compliance professional to play a leading role in the BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. ("BTC") compliance team which manages engagements with the OCC and other U.S. regulators. This role also contributes to the maintenance and enhancement of the asset management, banking, ERISA and various BlackRock compliance programs. The position is based in San Francisco. Key Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work in a team which oversees BTC's compliance with the requirements of OCC regulation, SEC rules, ERISA requirements, other applicable laws and regulations and applicable BlackRock policies. The successful candidate will also:
- Coordinate BlackRock's meeting with U.S. federal regulators including driving the preparation and delivery of reports to regulators.
- Track and understand the changing regulatory environment to ensure policies, procedures and key stakeholders are kept current with relevant changes.
- Conduct and oversee compliance testing of the operative effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Closely coordinate with multiple levels of BlackRock management and governance forums to help address regulatory requirements on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- Lead compliance trainings as required.
- Special projects as required.
- Demonstrate a proficiency about various areas of financial regulation and the proficiency or willingness to learn about the operations of a large asset management company.
- Investment management compliance or direct OCC, SEC, or ERISA regulatory experience is beneficial.
- 5 years of legal, regulatory, compliance or operational experience at a financial institution is preferred. Relevant experience at a large law firm or a federal regulator will also be considered.
- BS/BA required; JD or other relevant graduate degree is preferred.
- Candidate will be expected to display a positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, project management, presentation, inter-personal and relationship building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across time zones and audiences, including communicating directly with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise discretionary authority necessary to successfully perform job duties.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and have an interest in applying and being a student of technology. Prior experience or knowledge of BlackRock's Aladdin Platform and other technology tools or queries are beneficial.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.