VP, Institutional Sales & Client Services
- base + bonus
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
THE COMPANY: Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews International Capital Management, the advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews International Capital Management, the advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. Our investment offerings provide a broad range of strategies for building a global portfolio that includes exposure to Asia.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia Funds can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
This position will report to the Head of North American Institutional Business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an experienced individual to join the North American Institutional client team who will concentrate on proactively establishing business relationships with Pensions, Foundations, Endowments, single family offices and OCIOs in the US and Canada. As part of this team, the individual will work amongst various sales and client service professionals and also interface with product strategists, portfolio managers, and research and due diligence teams. This individual will be responsible for driving new business relationships, providing superior client service and retaining existing clients.
This position will be based out of Matthews’ headquarters in San Francisco, and require travel in the US and Canada. In addition to face-to-face meetings with Institutional clients and prospects, travel may include industry conferences and Matthews-hosted events.
The ideal candidate should have a high degree of integrity and professionalism, a successful track record building relationships with institutional clients within an asset management organization and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Successful candidates will have demonstrable:
- Achievements in a consultative sales/relationship management role
- Proven ability to capture, increase and retain AUM
- Capacity to build positive and effective internal and external relationships
- Existing relationships with institutions in the US and Canada and their consultants
- Experience marketing international and emerging markets investment strategies (especially following an active bottom-up stock selection process)
- Long-term conviction for Asia
- Appreciation of Asian cultures, and intellectual curiosity about the region
- High level of integrity, honesty, diligence and loyalty
- Drive/ambition for professional success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and implementing sales/marketing business plans
- Minimum 10 years of Institutional financial services sales, client service and marketing experience
- Bachelors degree, Masters degree and/or CFA preferred
- Candidate should be a mature communicator capable of handling high-profile prospects or clients
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Broad based knowledge as well as the ability to manage a sales process from lead generation to relationship management, including administering sales plans, prospecting profiles, call reports, and marketing initiatives on a timely basis
- Candidate should be a self-starter who can work independently but also collaboratively within a team environment
- Candidate should have the ability to utilize superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Candidate should have superior organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to discuss the importance of investing in Asia and to position Matthews’ strategies in a concise and compelling way
- Requires regular travel in the US and Canada
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- Series 7 and 63 Licenses