Underwriting Assistant, Argo Pro US CA - San Francisco/en-US/Argo/job/US-CA---San-Francisco/Underwriting-Assistant--Argo-Pro_R0002498/apply
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our Argo US Claims team delivers superior financial results, technical expertise and customer experience to all stakeholders engaged in the claim process. We hire and develop the best people so we can deliver on the Argo claims promise.
We are looking for a highly capable Underwriting Assistant to join our team and work from our San Francisco (CA) office. This role will directly report to the AVP Operations based in New York City. This position will provide support and assistance to the overall underwriting function through customer service, establishing and maintaining policies and procedures, processing of various underwriting transactions, data research and analysis and training and development of UW Support team.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Assist underwriters in carrying out their essential duties and responsibilities to enhance the overall performance of the division through utilization of systems and guidelines as provided.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with underwriters, customers and business partners to provide high quality service to clients.
- Issue binders, policies, cancellations, endorsements, reinstatements, loss runs and related activities within established service standards.
- Interact with brokers to assist with follow up for underlying information, subjectivities as well as addressing account inquiries.
- Adhere to Argo Pro Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Other duties as assigned.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College course work or degree preferred
- General knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance strongly preferred.
- Must be able to function effectively in a time sensitive and high-volume environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing direction, adjusting priorities and/or work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast paced, production-oriented environment.
- Intermediate analytical ability.
- Intermediate oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with agent/broker workforce.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited supervision and in team environments
- Must display a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented with initiative and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, power point and Outlook.
In addition, youll want to make sure you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel.
- We are committed to our clients and to each other.
- We have the courage to do the right thing.
- We apply original thinking.
We offer our employees:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
About Argo Group
- According to Forbes magazine, Argo Group is among Americas 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years and an A.M. Best Rating of A (Excellent) for 13 consecutive years.
- Argo Group does not treat our claims or our claims professionals as a commodity. The work we offer is challenging, diverse, and impactful.
- Our Adjusters and Managers are empowered to exercise their independent discretion and, within broad limits and authority, be creative in developing solutions and treat each case as the unique situation it is.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- We allow fully performing employees the flexibility to work from their home up to two days a week once they have been fully trained.
- Our entire claims team works in a collaborative nature to expeditiously resolve claims. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeR0002498
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.