Underwriting Assistant US CA - San Francisco/en-US/Argo/job/US-CA---San-Francisco/Underwriting-Assistant_R0002261/apply
JOB TITLE: Assistant - Underwriting
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
JOB PURPOSE: Provide support and assistance to the overall underwriting function through customer service, establishing and maintaining policies and procedures, processing of various underwriting transactions, data research and analysis and training and development of UW Support team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist underwriters in carrying out their essential duties and responsibilities to enhance the overall performance of the division through utilization of systems and guidelines as provided.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with underwriters, customers and business partners to provide high quality service to clients.
- Issue binders, policies, cancellations, endorsements, reinstatements, loss runs and related activities within established service standards.
- Interact with brokers to assist with follow up for underlying information, subjectivities as well as addressing account inquiries.
- Adhere to Argo Pro Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College course work or degree preferred
- General knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance strongly preferred.
- Must be able to function effectively in a time sensitive and high-volume environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing direction, adjusting priorities and/or work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast paced, production oriented environment.
- Intermediate analytical ability.
- Intermediate oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with agent/broker workforce.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited supervision and in team environments
- Must display a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented with initiative and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, power point and Outlook.
- PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position
- To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0002261
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.