Description About this role Technical Writer
Are you interested in working closely with architects and engineers who are building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, while evolving the world's leading enterprise investment system? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for technical writers capable of communicating sophisticated technical concepts clearly, accurately, and comprehensively. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and enthusiasm while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have a unique and important responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being.
The position is for a Technical Writer within the Enterprise Architecture team.
The function is aligned to the strategic goals of the Aladdin Product Group and cuts across domains. EA is responsible for steering the direction of Aladdin's technical and application architecture, establishing, and maintaining standards, implementing governance processes, and measuring alignment to strategy. Technical Writers work with Architects in documenting and communicating patterns, standards, and best approaches across 1,500+ software engineers. You are:
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Willing to accept work outside of your comfort zone, and open to mentorship from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about empowering people through technology, education, and awareness
- A strong communicator, who can link with technical and non-technical audiences
- Passionate about designing and building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Building solutions for BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use our technology
- Evolving Aladdin to unlock value for our clients through a service-oriented architecture
- Growing as an outstanding software engineering organization
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years' experience as a Technical Writer, with proven track record to translate technical concepts into easy to understand documentation
- BA in Journalism, Communication or English with 5+ years in a technology development department writing technical documents OR a BA in computer Science with certification as a Technical writer
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with technology professionals
- Experience documenting architectural design patterns such as Event Driven Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro-Services Architecture, Domain Driven Design, Layered Design
- Experience with industry tools such as Confluence Wiki, Jira, Miro, MS Office tool-suite (Azure DevOps a plus)
- Experience with Architectural tools (e.g., LeanIX, BizDesign)
- Experience working with teams across different time-zones and countries or related fields from an accredited university
Want to learn more?
- Experience of documenting systems for the Asset Management and Investment Banking processes
- Experience documenting modern technologies (e.g., Cloud, K8s, Micro front ends)
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client's objectives. BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology to invest even more in our Aladdin platform and looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join our teams Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.