Bloomberg's Product Documentation team creates user assistance materials that span business areas across the financial markets. We partner with Product, Technology, and UX teams to investigate requirements in an energetic environment, characterized by frequent product updates and quick time-to-market. Our team members have the skills to solicit business needs, jump quickly from discovery to draft, and shift seamlessly between deliverables and writing styles.
We are a highly collaborative team of 20+ writers that values peer-to-peer editing, an iterative writing process, and cooperative idea generation. Though we move quickly and strive to perfect the art of balancing competing priorities, we put a premium on quality-both of writing and ideas. What's the role?
Finance is changing, and fast; new financial professionals are learning Python to create their own custom analytical solutions. Bloomberg has identified an opportunity to reach this tech-savvy client base by building a product that opens our data, core products, and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers.
The BQuant platform and Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) allow users to bring their own algorithms to our data. Our service provides a unified environment where users can develop their code and test, share, and deploy it easily. Our impact? Providing the entire industry with tools that are currently available only to large banks and hedge funds.
We're looking for a technical writer with coding acumen to execute on an online learning strategy for BQuant, Python, BQL, and proprietary Bloomberg APIs. This role will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Developers, UX Designers and Researchers, Instructional Designers, and other Technical Writers to create client-facing documentation and online learning materials for financial professionals with various levels of coding experience. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Work directly with cross-functional stakeholders to research, write, and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation, including user guides, API documentation, contextual help, FAQs, and release notifications.
- Adhere to style guidelines for a suite of standard documentation deliverables, and work creatively to extend those guidelines for bespoke content.
- Employ logical content strategy to forefront essential information for fast-moving financial professionals.
- Shift seamlessly between writing precise instructional documentation and more conversational, benefit-focused promotional announcements.
- Manage a high volume of projects to keep pace with shifting release schedules and business priorities.
- Gain quick domain knowledge of market sectors and the workflow of financial professionals.
- Generate creative ideas to evolve our styles, processes, and tools.
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience or related discipline.
- Excellent writing skills for an end-user client audience, with flexibility to shift between procedural and conversational writing styles.
- Proven creative writing skills to craft compelling, benefit-focused content.
- Demonstrated ability to explain custom tools, APIs, and analytics with accurate, user-friendly documentation, structured to forefront need-to-know information.
- Strong project management skills, including experience in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
- A proven track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including UX researchers and designers, developers, business specialists, product managers, and senior management.
- Experience with coding languages.
- Editing experience and ability to establish style guidelines for other content creators.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions.
- Working knowledge of the financial markets.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design.
- Experience coding with Python.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org