Systematic Credit Trader - Global Hedge Fund - San Francisco
- Excellent remuneration packages including sign on and guaranteed bonuses as well as high base
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 12 Jan 19
An incredible opportunity for an experienced quant with experience trading credit to join one of the largest and most successful hedge funds globally. The successful candidate will be a key initial member of the newly formed systematic credit team, working closely with the lead Quant Researchers to establish the strategy, validate outputs and oversee portfolio risk.
The Ideal candidate will have:
* +5 years experience in credit trading and/or portfolio management, ideally within a systematic/algorithmic trading environment
*Strong technical capabilities (Python, R and Linux)
*Strong academic background in Finance, Math, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
*Proven analytical/problem solving abilities
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You aspire to:
· Be part of the trading desk within one of the largest global hedge fund's Quant business, operating non-stop across multiple asset classes and markets
· Be a key initial member of our newly formed credit team, working closely with the lead QR in establishing the strategy and validating the outputs, as well as overseeing portfolio risk.
· Focus on trading credit products (bonds and CDS), while also understanding the overall trade operations related to our systematic trading strategies, which includes ensuring effective trade execution (both automated and manual execution) within parameters established by quantitative research
· Work in a team environment that closely integrates trading, quantitative research and technology
· Work on meaningful projects that directly impact global markets
· Invest in a career with purpose
You’ve got an interest in:
· Rigorously monitoring all aspects of the credit portfolio and credit trading, reacting to issues in a timely and intelligent manner
· Evaluating and improving on existing operational environment to ensure the best-of-breed monitoring environment and response to any issues that may affect successful execution of our trading strategies
· Analyzing and enhancing all trade execution and related tools
· Developing effective reporting tools & processes to ensure accurate analysis of profit and loss, risk monitoring and position reports
· Acting as a liaison between QR, Trading Strategies, middle and back office operations, to ensure proper oversight of all post trade activity for Global Quantitative Strategies
· Assisting in support of the Research team systems and resolving any application errors that may occur on the desk
For a discrete conversation about the role please reach out to our Executive Search Consultant Jackie Banner.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to candidates who have had previous experience and a succesfull track record.
“You’re the specialist in your sector, Were the specialist in recruitment