- Base plus bonus
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
TITLE: Staff Accountant LOCATION: San Francisco, California THE COMPANY: Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews International Capital Management, the advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise exclusively within the region.
TITLE: Staff Accountant
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews International Capital Management, the advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. Our investment offerings provide a broad range of strategies for building a global portfolio that includes exposure to Asia.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports to the Assistant Controller
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for reviewing and recording revenue and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manage entire Revenue Cycle
- Review and record monthly/quarterly revenue stream
- Assist with contra revenue items
- Assist with annual audit of 5 subsidiaries
- Prepare and file SF city taxes (gross receipts and business unsecured taxes)
- Manage PP&E
- Prepare HMRC VAT return
- Drive month-end close reconciliation
- Evaluate invoices for recording in the appropriate accounting period and follow capitalization policies
- Record cash activity and prepare month end bank reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience accounting
- Experience with account coding and month-end close
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- Understands the concepts of accrual accounting
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail and is committed to producing accurate and well organized work
- MS Word and MS Excel knowledge is required
- Have accounting systems experience, knowledge of Great Plains is a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills, oral, written and listening
- Ability to use judgment in resolving issues and making recommendations
- Ability to thrive in a changing, fast-paced, growing and dynamic business
- Ability to multi-task and execute under pressure
- Must be a committed and strategic team player
- Maintain a high degree of ethics and professionalism in regards to the financial responsibilities of the job
- CPA a plus
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.