- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 17
Sr. Revenue Accountant
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAThe Senior Revenue Accountant will work under the direction of their immediate manager to review sales contracts and record related revenue and expenses, ensuring compliance with revenue and cost recognition policies and procedures.
- Ensure all contracts are reviewed for revenue recognition compliance in accordance with US GAAP (ASC606 and ASC605)
- Maintain 2 sets of books in 2018 and 2019 for assigned Business Units/Line of Business
- Review "Proof of Delivery" (POD) and Customer Acceptance documentation and follow up to ensure clean documentation is obtained for audit purpose
- Calculate "percentage of completion" (POC) revenues based on reports from Financial Force (time tracking system used by MA consultants)
- Record monthly journal entries for revenue accruals or other adjustments in RevPro (revenue subledger) and PeopleSoft (general ledger)
- Design and review accounting reports to effectively detect booking errors either from system-generated or user-entered entries and book correcting entries by the close deadline
- Compile accounting reports and account reconciliation files in a timely manner, based on general and sub ledger queries or Hyperion reports
- Comment on the monthly Revenue Analytics and deferred revenue reconciliation files for assigned business units/geographies
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of US GAAP and (if applicable) IFRS revenue and deferred revenue accounts
- Proactively seek opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure all SOX key controls are performed in a timely manner
- Other ad-hoc projects, such as system enhancement/conversion testing, or ad-hoc reporting requests
Accounting & Finance
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years accounting experience with hands-on month-end close experience (preferably in a large multi-national company)
- Working knowledge about US GAAP in the area of revenue recognition
- Ability to understand legal contracts and determine the proper revenue recognition
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment, while taking the initiative, staying organized and motivated, and maintaining excellent follow up, is required
- Experience with financial systems (preferably PeopleSoft, including Contracts module) is a plus
- High competency in Excel and extremely comfortable with working with large volume of data
- Strong organizational, problem-solving skills, and attention to details
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.