Sr. Business Data Analyst - Private Bank
Job Description: As the market leader in providing financial services to the world's most innovative tech and life science companies and investors, SVB has exposure to vast amounts of data covering the breadth of the startup and VC landscape. While data has been integral to SVB's growth over the past 30+ years, we're placing an even greater emphasis on being a data-driven organization by establishing the Analytics & Sales Operations team to support all sales focused aspects of our banking practice.
The SVB Private Bank Data Analyst serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U. S economy. This includes venture capital and private equity professionals, as well as C-level executives from all the businesses SVB serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable and caring bankers and a high level of customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Business Data Analyst will arm SVB Private Bank Wealth Advisory ("PBWA") with data analytics and insights to empower the business to make data-driven decisions.
- Develop a strong "pulse" on the business and understand what drives it forward; wield this knowledge to become an SME for PBWA data analytics and business insights.
- Support PBWA relationship managers with scorecard reporting, prospecting lists, etc. that provide lift, allowing them to focus on their top clients/prospects and the most important areas of the business.
- Work closely with PBWA Business Insights, Product, Sales and Marketing teams on various analytics projects.
- Collaborate with SVB's Enterprise Business Analytics and Core data teams to assist with the aggregation, maintenance, quality assurance and quality control of data within SVB's internal proprietary repositories.
- Create and maintain dashboards that provide PBWA leadership with key performance information to successfully manage and drive the business forward.
- Performing ad hoc analytics and reporting to support ongoing initiatives and one-off data requests.
- Identify opportunities to leverage proprietary data to extract valuable insights and provide recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Seeking out areas of operational improvement and developing more efficient and automated processes and reporting.
- 2-4 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, mathematics or statistics, and an accomplished academic record
- Demonstrated interest in technology, banking, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Quantitative skills complemented by intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and business groups
- Adaptability to a dynamic environment, self-awareness, pre-disposition towards collaboration with others, and strong interpersonal skills are important in this role
- Knowledge of database tools and programming languages such as R, SQL/PL SQL, VBA, Tableau
- Strong initiative, ownership, and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills