We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We're dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid's network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
We're looking for an Android Engineer with Android expertise in working with webviews and SDKs. You will be part of a team building internal and external self-serve products to help us ensure that the next generations of fintechs are built on Plaid. We are looking for engineers who understand what it means to discover and build scalable products that help our customers solve their business use cases. This means being able to work across the entire stack when needed, working with partners and setting the long-term technical direction for new products.
Our engineering culture is IC-driven-we favor bottom-up ideation and empowerment of our team. As a result we are looking for engineers who are excited by leading projects through setting technical direction and mentoring those around them. We are looking for engineers who are motivated by creating impact for our consumers and customers, growing together as a team, shipping the MVP, and leaving things better than we found them. Apply if you care about building products from scratch, helping internal and external customers scale their business, designing full-stack systems, scalability, performance, and directly working with your partners.
We're guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we're looking for people motivated by those same principles. What excites you
What excites us
- Developing a best-in-class Android SDK using Kotlin.
- Products with real impact: Your work will touch tens of millions of end users, the best applications in fintech, and major U.S. financial institutions.
- Digging through finance's complex challenges-and reimagining the experience completely.
- You're a remote engineer looking to join a company with an amazing remote team and remote culture owning one of the most impactful teams at Plaid.
- 2-4 years of experience with Android, Android Studio and mobile development.
- Deep understanding of Kotlin and Enough Java knowledge to ensure our SDKs are compatible with Java applications.
- Experience with other mobile frameworks like iOS and React NativeA desire to work across the stack including building web UIs and server-side components (Python, Go, PHP, or Java)
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.