We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We're dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid's network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
As a software engineer on the API Data Access team, you will be responsible for building, improving, and influencing the design of API connectivity solutions with data partners and the foundations these solutions are built on. This involves building products, features, and services across our entire stack to ensure seamless experiences for our customers, consumers, and partners. It is the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure as it connects millions of bank accounts and billions of transactions to Plaid.
We're guided by our principles , including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we're looking for engineers who are motivated by those same principles.
We are looking for someone who can help execute on our ambitious technical strategy and an exciting roadmap to create high quality, highly reliable and superior data access for our customers to build fintech products and services. Most of our backend core systems are written in Typescript and Go, but that's not a prerequisite. We pick the right tool for the job. What excites you
What excites us
- In this role you will have the opportunity to gain broad knowledge of Plaid across the stack to design and build API connectivity solutions and foundations to support Plaid's API connectivity with data partners.
- Looking ahead at requirements and designing solutions by working across teams and sometimes with other functions.
- If you enjoy solving problems in complex backend systems, API integrations, distributed systems, and/or large scale system architecture this is the role for you!
- Enjoy working with other engineering teams to help identify dependencies for their work and anticipating future changes to support better data access.
- You're excited about collaborating and pairing with other engineers on the team to promote knowledge sharing, improve code quality, achieve operational gains etc.
- If you are looking for the fast track to impact, this is it! We will need you to dive right in.
- 3+ years of production experience designing and shipping highly reliable backend systems
- Deep industry experience laying the technical foundations for top-tier teams operating at a large scale
- Empathy and enthusiasm for understanding other teams' challenges and the ability to influence them towards the right technical path for the org
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection
- Impact driven. You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users.
- Customer obsession. You are obsessed about the needs of your customers and stakeholders and fearlessly vouch for the best interests of the end user.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.