Software Development Engineer
Staff Software Engineer - Savings San Francisco, CA Engineering Full-time Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland. Savings team at Credit Karma strives to create meaningfully better outcomes for our members by directly helping them save money. The first step in this journey is to give our members access to a no fee savings account with a compelling interest rate. We have a lot of new and exciting products up ahead all with the aim of providing optimal ways for our members to make financial progress. As part of this role you will contribute to the core backend infrastructure and work towards a highly distributed, secure, reliable and scalable architecture. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and opportunities for career growth.
What will you do:
- Drive a technical vision - influence the direction of our platform with your own ideas
- Lead key efforts from scaling the Savings platform to designing and developing API integration with our banking partners
- Take an active role in the technical growth of team members, and the processes that support overall team growth
- Scope and plan work on multi-team efforts, working closely with business partners to define a vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery
- Youll be a member of a small cross-functional scrum team and get involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
Whats great about it:
- Youll have a leading role in achieving a great mission: helping people reach their financial goals
- You'll have lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and tackle brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
What do we expect
- Professional experience developing large-scale, high-volume services
- Knowledge in microservice architectures, messaging patterns, deployment models
- Professional experience across the entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, and performance measurement
- Approach problems with a pragmatic, analysis driven approach - understand trade-offs between perfection and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery, and use this capacity to plan and deliver on requirements
- Confident articulating complex technical content to peers and partners
- Proven ability and interest in mentorship of junior engineers
- Ability to work autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities
- Languages: Java/Core Java/J2EE, Scala, PHP, Ruby, Python, or similar
- You're comfortable moving fast, and agile.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. Weve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!