Software Development Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Experimentation Platform San Francisco, CA Engineering Full-time We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the experimentation platform team at Credit Karma. You will collaborate with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and technical leaders across the company to build a world-class experimentation system that meets our needs. Youll also help solve interesting technical challenges such as architecting and operating Big Data infrastructure and services, designing intuitive UIs for experiment management, and improve our software that produces meaningful statistics . Experimentation is the fundamental building block for product decision-making at Credit Karma and this is a high-visibility role that will greatly impact how software and services are built to improve the financial lives of millions. We use Scala and are passionate about performance, correctness, and our members experience. Our team builds out everything from client SDKs, experiment management UIs, and scalable backend services. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment where everyone can have their say while still being able to set and hit deadlines, then this is the role for you.
- Participate in the design and implementation of core platform features
- Build tools to deliver accurate analysis and enable insights into consumer behavior
- Write services to deliver targeted user experiences
- Help understand our day to day operations for continuous improvement of production systems
- Research & explore new A/B testing methodologies used by companies at scale and incorporate them into our core platform
- Mentor junior engineers and help provide technical leadership for the team
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 5+ years work experience
- Experience with Scala/Java and ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Experience with designing and implementing high-volume, low-latency microservices.
- Enjoys working collaboratively; CKs values include empathy and helpfulness
- Able to estimate and meet deadlines
Nice to Have:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. Weve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!
- Experience designing scalable microservice architecture
- Experience in building data pipelines or A/B testing services preferred