Senior User Experience Researcher - BlackRock FutureAdvisor
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We’re redesigning our products from the ground up and we’re growing our design team to help us build experiences that our partners can’t wait for their customers to use. If you want to work on impactful solutions to a really challenging problem - producing better financial outcomes for families - then keep on reading!
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our growing design team.
- Lead formative + generative research for FutureAdvisor’s investor and financial advisor experiences
- Be the “voice of the customer” in design discussions with product management, development, design, execs + our partners
- Develop actionable insights based on deep, rich and living personas, archetypes and customer journeys
- Collaborate with leadership across design, product management and development to establish clear experience criteria. Define and lead the process where experience criteria become a key part of our QA and release decision-making process
- Lead the development of both service design and design thinking as a new way of working within FutureAdvisor and eventually across the Digital Wealth Management team at BlackRock
- Evangelize and educate the FutureAdvisor team on what we know about our customers and how teams can integrate research into their planning + design process.
- BA/BS degree in psychology, human-computer interaction or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience leading user research in the consumer software product space
- Experience applying a broad range of research methods with the knowledge of when + why to use the right method: field research, survey research, lab-based research
- Experience across multiple release cycles being “the” researcher in an agile, multi-disciplinary product team
- A portfolio sharing insightful stories from your research, the impact it had, and examples of how you deliver your findings to your team
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to connect research methods to customer insights to product design decisions in real-time and in writing to a range of people = execs in 3rd party partners to internal developers
- 2+ years’ experience leading user research in the knowledge worker/enterprise software space
- Experience leading design thinking and service design workshops
- MA/MS degree in psychology, human-computer interaction or a related field
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.