Senior Software Engineer - Platform as a Service
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance, providing thousands of data and analytics services to our customers.
Our team is building a Platform as a service (PaaS) based on Kubernetes that allows Bloomberg engineering teams around the world to develop, deploy, and manage production services. In 2021, we look forward to the rollout and mass adoption of our next-generation internal cloud deployment system.
If you are passionate about mission-critical system development, cloud native applications, and container orchestration, this role is for you! What's in it for you:
We'll trust you to:
- Build and manage cloud native tooling to enrich the capabilities of Bloomberg's internal cloud
- Prototype infrastructure technologies and understand how they fit into the existing ecosystem
- Regularly present and explain your work to peers and senior leadership (including our CTO)
- We trust our engineers to see their projects end to end, so you'll have autonomy to take on challenges and drive them to completion
You'll need to have:
- Design and implement new features and tools following software development best practices
- Work with team members and other engineering teams to design scalable and robust systems
- Proactively recommend and contribute improvements to the platform
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of hands on software programming experience; keep in mind we value skills, contributions and passions more than years of experience
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with cloud networking tools and protocols like Istio, Consul, HTTP2, gRPC, etc...
- Experience with infrastructure as code and tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field, or equivalent experience ?
If this sounds like you, apply!
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience releasing software at scale
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.