Senior Software Engineer - Multimedia Management
News and social media move financial markets. Bloomberg is one of the largest producers of news in the world and we ingest millions of news stories every day from over 70,000 external news feeds and social media such as Twitter. Our team's tools and infrastructure enables Bloomberg to create media content to further enrich our news platforms and services. Our Team:
The Media Management team's digital asset management system supports the global Bloomberg Media ecosystem, manages millions of assets, and provides an API tool set for content feeds and downstream clients. As part of this team, you will build and deliver front end tools, a search engine and back-end infrastructure for managing all photos, documents and A/V content used by Bloomberg News and marketing.
We are a five-person team, based out of our San Francisco Bloomberg Engineering office. By joining us, you will have an opportunity to make a major impact and truly define your technical legacy. The ideal candidate has a strong background in developing multimedia applications, experience working with Content Management Systems, DRM/encryption, and online delivery platforms. Highlights of our upcoming projects include:
As a part of the team, we'll trust you to:
- Improving Digital Rights Management and Authentication for Media across Bloomberg Systems
- Building on open source libraries via incorporating machine learning technology to automate content metadata
- Create a data pipeline for managing Media machine learning datasets
You'll need to have:
- Evaluate, design and support robust software requiring minimal maintenance
- Explore and evaluate new technologies
- Think critically about how our users interact with the platform and how we can continue to improve and enrich their experience
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of development experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field, or equivalent experience
We are excited to hear from you!
- Experience building full-stack applications, including service APIs and database design
- Knowledge of search technologies
- Expertise and interest in machine learning libraries
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.