Senior Software Engineer - Models and Algorithms
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style. We’re growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to
We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style.
We’re growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to build new technology and processes to scale our business. We’re looking for team members who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
The Models & Algorithms team is made of a mix of researchers and engineers who work together to deliver scalable and automated portfolio management to thousands of clients every day. The team is responsible for all financial models used by the firm and the data analysis that comes with it. We interface with many other core company functions, such as implementations, compliance, and business development, to set requirements and architect solutions.
- Work closely with the research team to implement and test algorithmic improvements to our portfolio trade optimization and projection analysis models.
- Design and build the tools needed to properly evaluate and monitor the output of these models.
- Architect improvements to our daily portfolio management software and process.
- Design and build systems for better record retention and retrieval.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers at BlackRock to use existing BlackRock technology and IP in our own models.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- Passion for finance and knowledge of the portfolio management space
- Experience with linear and integer optimization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python, and/or a JVM based language
- Attention to detail
- Resourceful and can work independently while communicating effectively with the team
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Strong quantitative skills in data analysis and algorithms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
FutureAdvisor will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.