Senior Software Engineer - Model Management
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. With petabytes of data available, a platform to transform and analyze the data is critical to our success.
Bloomberg's BQuant platform has enabled users to develop sophisticated financial applications on-top of Bloomberg's data and services. Customers are able to programmatically access Bloomberg's data; build and analyze factors; screen securities for investable ideas; backtest custom trading strategies; and must more, all through BQuant's unique portal. Our Team:
The BQuant Model management team develops infrastructures that drive advanced workflows within Bloomberg's BQNT Notebook product. Customers use this system to programmatically manage their own data tenancies to house both transformed Bloomberg and custom time series data sets. Once stored, users can quickly generate multiple types of financial models and share the models and their data to colleagues for further analytics including but not limited to screening securities for investable ideas, backtesting custom trading strategies, optimizing portfolio allocations as well as visualizing the results.
Our mission is to build systems with industry-leading SLAs for computationally intense financial calculations through management and distribution of large scale data sets with continually growing dimensional complexity. All this is possible using BQuant's unique portal into Bloomberg's data and services. What's in it for you:
We'll trust you to:
- Prototype infrastructure technologies and understand how they fit into our existing offering.
- We trust our engineers to see their projects end to end, so you'll have autonomy to take on challenges and drive them to completion.
- Regularly present and explain your work to peers and senior leadership (including our CTO)
You need to have:
- Design and implement new features and tools following software development best practices.
- Work with team members, other engineering teams, and business to design scalable robust systems.
- Proactively recommend and contribute improvements to the platform.
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions.
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years using Python, C++ or another object oriented language in a production system
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Experience building and supporting production systems
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Financial domain experience across several asset classes
- Domain experience with Large Scale Numerical time series data storage
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.