Senior Software Engineer - BQuant Financial Libraries
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets - and help them make faster, smarter decisions. So where does BQuant fit in?
Finance is changing, and fast; new financial professionals are even learning Python themselves. Here in our San Francisco office we've identified an opportunity to reach this tech savvy client base by building a product that opens our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers.
Gone are the days of downloading raw CSV files! The BQuant platform allows users to bring their algorithms to our data, not the other way around. Our service provides a unified environment where users can develop their code and test, share, and deploy it easily. Our impact? Providing the entire industry with tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds, through customer deployed installations in enterprise environments.
Within the BQuant platform, the Quant Research Libraries team provides client-facing Python frameworks and libraries for quantitative research workflows, such as factor scoring and backtesting. Through these workflows, clients identify market signals for constructing portfolios, build portfolios from these investment ideas, and analyze the performance of their portfolios over time. They use our APIs to leverage Bloomberg data and services, giving them the resources they need to develop their most sophisticated quantitative applications in BQuant.
Come help us build the new solutions that push the financial industry into the next generation! We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Develop intuitive APIs for customers to utilize Bloomberg's data and services in novel ways
- Collaborate with other teams in integrating their products into BQuant
- Adopt a test-driven mentality to developing code
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years using Python, C++ or another object oriented language in a production system
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- A strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Experience building and supporting production systems
- An understanding that software should be kept as simple as possible
- Financial domain experience across several asset classes
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.