Senior User Researcher
When you work with the world's most innovative companies,you know you're making a difference. Our clients are the game changers, leadersand investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businessesbehind the next medical breakthroughs and the visionaries whose newtechnologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate,enterprising SVB'ers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stageof their business. Join the SVB team and help bring our clients world-changingideas to life.
Innovation will be critical to achieving growth andexpanding SVBs market leadership, and SVB has set ambitious goals forinnovation-led growth. Within innovation we are building an Incubation team,and looking for a versatile, passionate and qualified Business Designer to helpbring this to life, as we research and invest in new business opportunities.
This role will identify and define innovation opportunities,and combine the art and science of discovering, articulating and launching newbusinesses and/or new companies in the fintech and non-banking domains. Theright person will be able to do this work on their own, as well as by drivingpartners and vendors to deliver the work at scale and pace.
Drive innovation initiatives to deliver new businesses, by doing thefollowing
- Drive virtual teams containing user research, design, architect and program managers to run discovery projects and deliver proposals for new businesses the bank should enter.
- Drive vendors to deliver this work at larger scale, for example vendors specializing in competitive intelligence, user research, or technical investigation or venture studios that can deliver the whole process as well as co-investment.
- Together with program management, manage engagements with vendors, evaluation of methods, selection of new vendors, resourcing and schedule
- Together with corporate development, construct funding proposals to top management to drive investment decisions
- For the most justified ideas, drive launch in a lean style. either as new companies or handover as new businesses within the bank. For new companies,
- work with partners to find the right founding team
- work with the founding team for structuring the new company for success
- facilitate interaction with relevant SVB functional areas that may be able to help with product launch and marketing.
- Manage and groom the pipeline of business ideas to be investigated
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned business thinker,with a preference for those who have worked in FinTech or financial services,as well as with Design Thinking and user research. We are looking forindividuals who possess a blend of work experience in both large and smallenterprisessomeone who understands the complexity and necessary rigor ofworking in a scaled, multi-billion organization, but can also productivelychallenge and reinvent such working norms and foster a more agile andentrepreneurial organization and culture.
Ideal Candidates Will Have The Following Experience Or Qualifications
#LI-LP1 Primary Location:
- 10+ years of experience in medium-large organizations in a strategy, product management, corporate development or similar role dealing with business model and/or organizational designs
- 3+ years of experience in small, agile environments, ideally startups, dealing with product and process designers, as well as and user researchers.
- Experience managing vendors, SOWs, contracts, and procurement processes.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with all levels of stakeholders, including executives
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility, establish rapport and maintain relationships and communication with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Demonstrated ability to understand big picture and/or piece things together and considers both long/short term impact of work to the whole, and can switch from detail to big picture seamlessly.
- Proactivity in reaching out to stakeholders to manage expectations and seed solutions
- Comfort with smoothly re-orienting plans when research findings or other new data indicate a change in direction is required
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and thrive in ambiguity and in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Sets priorities under conditions of limited resources and competing demands.
- Product owner-style experience with articulating and prioritizing requirements
- Ability to drive strategic recommendations and decisions
United States-California-San Francisco Work Locations: Job:
Marketing/PR/Corp. Info Organization:
SVB Financial Group. Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Jan 7, 2020, 3:48:50 PM Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time