Senior Product Manager, Data Platform
Bloomberg Second Measure is a leading provider of data analytics that delivers valuable insights into company performance and consumer behavior. Using data from billions of anonymized transactions, we have built a self-service analytics product for daily tracking and real-time exploration of 5,200+ public and private companies. Clients use Bloomberg Second Measure to discover new markets, gain an advantage in financial investments, and inform their competitive strategies.
As a senior product manager of the data platform for Bloomberg Second Measure reporting to the head of product, you'll be responsible for the underlying platform and data that is used by our product applications. Our Investment Research and Market Research products respectively help investors understand company performance and B2C companies find opportunities to grow their business. You're passionate about understanding business problems and structuring de-identified consumer spend data into a standard platform and services. You will own all layers of the data platform from dictionary and metadata to ingestion and integration services.
You will partner with other product managers on market needs of their products and will act as the business owner of the data platform to consistently enable insights across the product suite. This will require you to understand market and customer business problems to define and manage the data platform. You will collaborate closely with data engineering, data scientists and data operations to define strategic direction, manage development and scale operations. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Own the data platform strategy, roadmap and requirements
- Empathetically understand our target user's business
- Define data services, quality and service levels, operational, security and compliance requirements
- Own metadata definitions ensuring standards are adopted across the company
- Collaborate and lead across Bloomberg functions and technologies to integrate data
- Help turn datasets into product
- Be the product owner to your Agile team(s) including prioritization of the backlog
We'd love to see:
- Proven product management experience (5+ years) of data products, platforms or services using financial services data
- Participate in customer discovery and validation processes to inform and shape the data platform requirements
- Demonstrated working knowledge of data analysis and applied data science to answer business questions and.or surface opportunities
- Expertise on data processing operations and technologies from data sourcing, standardization and ingestion to quality assurance, aggregations and access services.
- Ability to work closely with data scientists and engineers
- Ability to make informed trade-offs to achieve near-term business targets while positioning for longer-term scale
- Effectiveness in communicating with customers, engineers, and data scientists alike
- You've conducted data analysis of company, consumers or markets and presented findings to investors or B2C executives
- You've successfully executed in large company settings and collaborated with multiple stakeholders to execute
- You've implemented and refined Agile development processes
- You've used Bloomberg Terminal services
- You've managed or operated data ingestion pipelines
- Past hands-on experience working with alternative data sources involving consumer behavior
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.