Senior Product Manager
Bloomberg Second Measure is a leading provider of data analytics that deliver valuable insights into company performance and consumer behavior. Using data from billions of anonymized transactions, we have created self-service analytics products for daily tracking and real-time exploration of 5,200+ public and private companies. Clients use our product to discover new markets, gain an advantage in financial investments, and inform their competitive strategies. Second Measure was acquired by Bloomberg in 2020.
As a senior product manager at Bloomberg Second Measure (reporting to the head of product), you'll expand an existing product that is focused on helping B2C companies find opportunities to grow their business. You're passionate about solving your target market's business problems using insights about consumer spending behavior derived from de-identified transaction data. You will think and act as a business owner who is equally aware of sales and ensuring users' realizing value as product development and data sciences. You are comfortable participating in sales and product strategy discussions followed with detailed engineering and data science discussions. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Help build and refine our product vision & strategy for our market research product.
- Empathetically understand our target user's business
- Identify business solutions and define valuable product capabilities to help users solve their business needs
- Define functionality and use visualizations to tell stories with data
- Collaborate and lead across the companies functions
- Be the product owner to your Agile team(s)
We'd love to see:
- Proven PM experience (5+ years) running software products used by companies, preferably with a DTC product (bonus for B2C subscription business) helping drive customer acquisition, retention, and growth
- Ability to tell compelling stories using data that leads to "a-ha" moments and opportunity
- Understanding that product viability is more than a successful release
- Ability to apply the right amount of process to achieve near-term business targets while positioning for longer-term scale
- Specialization in applying data, metrics, and visualizations
- Effectiveness in communicating with customers, engineers, and data scientists alike
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- You've conducted data analysis and presented findings to B2C business leaders
- You've refined Agile development processes
- You have sales engineering experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.