Senior Model Risk Auditor
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Oakwood Search
- 15 Aug 17 2017-08-15
As a member of the Internal Audit team, the Model Risk Audit Manager is responsible for planning, conducting and managing audits and providing control consultation on finance, operational, and regulatory risks and controls throughout the Bank and its subsidiaries.
Assist with developing and implementing an annual audit plan by assessing all relevant risk factors
• Assist in defining, refining, implementing and maintaining the Company’s audit process, including department standards
• Manage and execute audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting audit interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, performing audit tests, preparing appropriate work papers, developing audit recommendations and reviewing them with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports.
• Manage multiple administrative functions such as budgets, scheduling resources, internal policy development, etc.
• Be recognized as a leader, management consultant and internal controls expert; develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
• Liaise with and represent the Internal Audit department to external parties including national bank examiners and external auditors.
• Assist in recruiting, screening, hiring, developing and mentoring staff, including career-counseling support by sharing information among the Internal Audit group, transferring knowledge and providing instruction/guidance as appropriate.
• Foster and maintain group spirit and team morale.
• Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards for internal audits, identifying opportunities for audit process improvement
• Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, information systems, bank regulatory issuances through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Management experience, or the equivalent managerial know-how, to be able to act as a finance and operational process and management consultant to management in any area of the company.
• Must have knowledge of banking/financial services, and understand the regulatory landscape and requirements for large banks.
• Sound knowledge and experience in internal audit.
• Banking experience primarily focused in internal audit, enterprise-wide risk management, and business risk consulting
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and the COSO control framework.
• Ability to define deliverables, create budgets and project plans, align resources and specialists for project teams, manage audit projects, present final reports to auditees and their Audit Committees.
• Ability to travel to various locations throughout the United States.
• Professional certification, such as CIA, CPA, CFSA is expected.