Senior Marketing Coordinator
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
This individual will work closely with the firm’s channel marketers, investment communications and digital marketing teams to coordinate the execution of marketing plans for the various distribution channels and markets in which the firm operates.
TITLE: Senior Marketing Coordinator
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
THE COMPANY: Matthews Asia
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews, believes in the long-term growth of Asia. We concentrate our efforts and investment expertise exclusively within the Asia Pacific region. An independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. Our investment offerings provide a broad range of strategies for building a global portfolio that includes exposure to Asia-Pacific. Matthews is the investment advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, an open-end U.S. mutual fund family; and the investment advisor and global distributor of Matthews Asia Funds, SICAV, a Luxembourg-based fund group. Through offices in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong, Matthews distributes products in the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Additional information on Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com
Reporting Relationships: This position will report to our Head of Global Marketing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Matthews Asia is a specialist asset manager focused on investing in the Asia Pacific region. Following a period of significant growth and expansion, the firm is now looking for an experienced, detail-orientated Senior Marketing Coordinator to take responsibility for planning, coordinating and timely delivery of marketing activities across multiple distribution channels in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
As Senior Marketing Coordinator, the individual will work closely with the firm’s channel marketers, investment communications and digital marketing teams to coordinate the execution of marketing plans for the various distribution channels and markets in which the firm operates. The Senior Marketing Coordinator will be expected to coordinate all marketing team activities and ensure deliverables are on time and within budget. The role will also include facilitating the production of our marketing campaigns and investment communications by managing and reconciling the compliance and creative services review process. In addition, the individual will manage a broad range of marketing operations that include marketing budget, fulfillment and vendor management. The Senior Marketing Coordinator will also be expected to play an important role in assessing and improving the marketing team’s processes and work closely with the Head of Global Marketing to support strategic projects and management reporting.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in planning and executing marketing plans, be able to negotiate and set deadlines and ensure timely delivery of marketing programs. In addition, they should have a good understanding of marketing within an investment management organization and have the ability to develop strong relationships across internal teams that include investment, marketing, distribution, legal and compliance teams. A high degree of professionalism and strong organizational skills will be required for this role.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with channel marketers, investment communications and digital teams to develop and execute marketing plans that are on time and within budget
- Manage and reconcile the review process by legal and compliance for marketing campaigns and investment communications
- Work with design vendors to deliver high quality marketing materials
- Assess how marketing activities can be leveraged across the distribution channels
- Planning and oversight of the marketing budget
- Management of marketing operations including fulfillment and external vendors
- Evaluate and develop strong internal processes for the marketing team
- Develop and distribute regular activity reports for the management team
- Work closely with the Head of Global Marketing on other strategic projects
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum seven years’ financial services experience
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously with consistent follow-through
- Significant experience in a marketing planning and execution role
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Demonstrate motivation and drive to improve the quality and delivery of marketing activities
- Deep understanding of compliance rules and regulations in North America
- Must be able to work in a team based environment, yet self-motivated, with a positive attitude
- Creativity—able to recommend new and unique ideas
- Strong problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot and address issues independently, plus seek help as needed
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. CRM knowledge a benefit.