Senior Director - Business and Relationship Management
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Private Equity and Banker BRM team's principal objective is to generate new Corporate Finance rating mandates through consistent and targeted marketing and relationship development. The individuals' efforts will be focused on the aspects of the team's outreach directed at capital markets and investment professionals within private equity firms.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Maintaining constant awareness of market conditions, private equity sector and fundraising trends, developments in corporate debt markets broadly (High Yield and Leveraged Finance Capital Markets) and, specifically, in relation to private equity transaction funding; furthermore, how or where these may impact rating agencies and the firms' new business initiatives;
- Researching marketing angles or areas where firm can differentiate itself from the competition, communicate and present findings to co-workers for discussion;
- Developing marketing case studies and presentation slides dedicated to a specific sector or vertical for an upcoming or prospective meeting
- Creating, coordinating and implementing outreach plans (eg, research report distribution, promoting 'wins') for key targets
- Taking lead on preparation of pitchbooks, market analyses, post-meeting follow-ups, data gathering for near-term and longer-term initiatives;
- Travel limited, but primarily within the Continental U.S., amount dependent on business need.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters or other fixed income data/information service provider sources
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as an investment team member within a private equity firm / leveraged finance, M&A or financial sponsors within an investment bank;
- Bachelor's degree, MBA / CFA a plus;
- Understanding and experience with large and/or middle-market corporate debt deal processes, key parties, roles and motivations of important constituents (ie, bankers, issuers, investors, financial sponsors);
- Ability to gather intelligence from public sources, piece together information, draw clear and concise conclusions that result in a strategy or recommendation for pursuing new business opportunity
- Understanding and proficiency of analytical credit concepts and capability to translate those into marketing messages for external audiences
- Skills in time and organizational management across a range of projects at a given time, prioritize and re-prioritize accordingly;
- Independent, self-starter mind-set; willing to think creatively and pursue projects without constant oversight;
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail in preparing external presentations and performing market research.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Bachelors degree required, preferably with degree in business, economics, or similar analytical fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with proven analytical aptitude
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 4+ years of experience involving qualitative and quantitative analysis; strategy consulting, corporate development or investment banking/leveraged finance experience is a plus
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp